It’s the end of summer. Well, according to the school year that is! A few hours ago, I returned home a from running “a few” errands. For the life of me, I couldn’t figure out why it was so CROWDED in certain stores! Ahhh ha! Think Lindsay think! School starts Monday here and it’s tax free weekend. Of course it’s going to be a mad house. You would have thought it was Black Friday out there! Okay, I might have been stuck in lines, but at least I saved money without having to pay the tax, right? Come on, give me a little credit here. haha.
So here we are, ending the summer. It’s like a new year for a most. A chance to stay on schedule or maybe a chance to change it all up and start a new one, from scratch! Either way, it’s a good feeling, an optimistic feeling.
The hubs has taken the last 6 weeks off to focus on training, recovery, etc. He’s been one hard working man! Sunday is his “back to school” race. His chance to change things up and for the better. But more importantly, he’s excited and so am I. Like first day of school excitement! We hope for a better “half” of the season, for things to progress, but one thing is for sure…..we’re excited for a change!
I made these cookies right before the hubs left for Timberman 70.3. His
Flourless Nuttzo Protein Cookies
- 1 cup Nuttzo Butter (or crunchy nut butter with a few spoons of flax or chia seed added in)
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract (I used the NuNaturals Stevia Vanilla drops)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 egg OR 1/3 cup egg whites
- 1-2 tsp sweetener of choice (optional)- Again, I used the 10 Vanilla Stevia Drops
- 2 servings (~60 grams) of Vanilla or Strawberry Protein powder
- granulated sugar for topping.
- Other Add-ins: place dried fruit on top (like pineapple chunks)
Preheat the oven to 350°. Grease cookie sheet and set aside. In a bowl, combine your nut butters and protein powder/baking powder. Mix well with hands then add in egg. Mix again. Roll into balls and press onto cookie sheet with fingers until flat. Sprinkle the tops with a little sugar, the real stuff! Bake for 10 minutes or so. Remove from oven and let them cool for 5 minutes before touching so they can set. Then ENJOY!
Makes around 14-16 cookies.
- Nutrition per cookie: Calories 82.0, Fat: 6.0 g, Carbs: 3.3 g , Fiber: 1.1 g, Protein: 5.5 g